The wave of the season’s online shopping is upon us. Cyber Monday has become the biggest day for online sales. Here are 4 easy tips for prepare your web presence for the wave of shoppers.
- Check the purchase links on your site. Click on all of the “buy” links on your site to make sure the links take the user to the right place. Design-wise, do the “buy” links stand out, or are they too subdued?
- Cross-sell. Have more than one book? On each of your site’s book pages, promote your other books.
- Check your Amazon Author Page. Shoppers will be on Amazon.com. Could your author page use a new photo? Does your bio need updating? Does the page list all of your books, or are some missing?
- Don’t forget mobile — check your site’s display on mobile. This year will bring far more smartphone purchases than ever before. In a recent roundup, I included this item:
- Does your author site display all right on a mobile phone? Jason Boog offers some advice in an article on GalleyCat: “How to Make Your Author Page Mobile-Friendly“
Have other ideas to prepare for the shopping season? Join the discussion in the comments below.